top of page

Crossing the Border Documentation


CHILDREN 15 OR YOUNGER (or 16-18 years old and traveling with an organized and supervised school, religious, or other youth group) may present proof of citizenship without photo ID:

  •  a U.S. birth certificate (original, photocopy, or certified copy)

  • U.S. consular report of birth abroad

  • Certificate of U.S. Naturalization

  • one of the documents allowed for adults (listed below)

Children (under 18) travelling without both parents: carry a parental consent letter 



ADULTS (18 and older) must carry one of the following to cross the Us-Canada Border

  • U.S. Passport

  • NEXUS or FAST card (pre-approved low risk travellers only)

  • U.S. Passport Card

  • Enhanced driver's licence (EDL) (available in MI, NY, WA; also proposed in AZ, CA, TX)



bottom of page